Thursday, December 08, 2005

can't every cake be a pillow?

so, i got me this little habit of running out of gas. seriously. it happens about once a week, and i have no good explanation or excuse for it. i suppose maybe i'm just that lazy that i would rather just drive until my car starts sputtering and hiccupping. at which point, i park in a nice parking lot, put in some kate bush, then call my friends to see who is available to rescue me. ahh, my friends. where would i be without them? probably in some strange parking lot, shivering and singing along to "hounds of love."
i'm just that kinda guy, i guess. it reminds me of when i was in high school and my friend johanna's dad would drive me home. i would get out of the car and bypass the front door, and then the sidedoor, climb over the wooden fence and go around into the backyard. johanna's dad would say "where is he going?" and she would say "oh, he lost his house-key two months ago, so he goes into the back, stands on a picnic table and shimmies in through the bathroom window."
johanna and her father are pragmatic people. i am not. he was perplexed. she was amused. i was just happy to be home.
so, i don't care if i run out of gas. i don't care if i can't get into my house. everything's all good. so i haven't been able to afford any new clothes in over a year. i'm having too much fun making crazy outfits out of what i can find around the house. so my eyes are infected and i can't wear contacts anymore. i'll just wear my friend natalie's glasses and call it a day.
a couple weeks ago, my mom told me she was afraid i might end up homeless. i think i could pull it off, though.

5 Comments:

Blogger equippedtofascinate said...

If anyone could pull off being homeless, it would be you. I used to have to break into my house through the basement windows using screwdrivers, but now we just don't lock the doors. It works better that way. I honestly don't even own a housekey. Isn't that sad?

11:20 PM  
Blogger Chargenda said...

I have never ever run out of gas when i was driving, but always really wanted to. I just get too nervous and end up getting some.

11:52 AM  
Blogger amanda said...

My brother and I ran out of gas once, and Pat had to borrow a gas can and walk to the gas station to get a gallon. Thankfully, this was back when you could scrape together the cost of a gallon of gas from the floorboard of your car - less than a dollar a gallon!

7:40 PM  
Blogger Noland said...

i ran out of gas in bay city after making out with a really hot "straight" guy who lived in saginaw. problem was i was supposed to be going back to his place on court in saginaw, and i ran out of gas on the way. when i FINALLY got there, he was asleep. he is to date the hottest guy ive ever made out with though.

11:19 PM  
Blogger equippedtofascinate said...

What are the odds that this person's name was George, and you were George Bailey in a show? Something funky is going on.

11:19 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home