Monday, February 06, 2006

radical catholics.

my friends.
i apologize for nothing new lately... i know i have been absent for a much-too extended period before... and now look, i've gone and done it again. this isn't an actual blog or post or anything. before anyone starts to hate me or forget about me, i just wanted to make a little disclaimer.
i'm still here and i am still checking up on all y'all. (amanda, i've started calling my tables "y'all" because of you. please tell me you still do.) i just don't have anything to contribute lately.
anyway y'all, this cowboy is just dealing with shit right now, and i seem to be unravelling (if i wanna be all meryl streep about it).
how long is it until summer?

alright. let me give some glimmer of something interesting... at least to me anyway.
being the loser that i am, i read movie reviews online for at least an hour a day. it's part of the reason why i am the movie snob i am today. anyway, a well-written movie review, in itself, can be a piece of art. pauline kael is one of my heroes (may she rest in peace). i just wanted to share this snippet of a review of the upcoming "final destination 3," which i am sure is attrocious, but i will eventually view anyway. regardless.
"...To prefer Final Destination 3 to its predecessor is to prefer the company of a cracked-out whore to a drag queen. Loudly and proudly, the queen mocks her audience but not without ribbing herself—and certainly without judgment. The street hooker, on the other hand, shows you her cooter, slaps you in the face for trying to touch it, and then shows it to you again. In short: she's nasty and doesn't make a whole lot of sense..."
- Ed Gonzalez
brilliant... i think i may have found my calling.

4 Comments:

Blogger Chargenda said...

you are back. but, i want to know the shit you are dealing with...

11:20 AM  
Blogger equippedtofascinate said...

Come on Paul, dish the dirt. What's going on?

1:07 PM  
Blogger Dustin Harder said...

school? winter?

8:04 PM  
Blogger amanda said...

I don't wait tables, but I do ask my concession customers if they want a Coke Coke when they say "I want a Coke." Could be diet, could be root beer - in Arkansas, everything's a Coke.

8:31 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home